The WCPI General Internship program strives to develop the next generation of women leaders in public policy and in nonprofit organizations.
Interns are responsible for assisting WCPI staff in our programmatic and administrative work. Such work includes assisting with our congressional briefings and other events on Capitol Hill.
Interns are expected to work 35-40 hours per week, Monday through Friday; accommodations can be made for student’s class schedules.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, a brief writing sample (1-2 page limit), and a brief statement (250-word limit) that explains your interest in WCPI via e-mail to email@example.com.
Please indicate “General Internship” in the subject line.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Internship responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Tracking congressional legislation important to women introduced each week;
- Assisting with preparation for congressional briefings and events;
- Providing general administrative support to WCPI staff;
- Updating the database of potential donors and congressional contacts
- Assisting the Communications Associate in maintaining website;
- Representing WCPI at congressional briefings; and
- Performing other tasks as assigned.
Successful interns have a demonstrated interest in women’s issues, excellent written and oral communication skills, careful attention to detail, and can work independently and as part of a team. They are proficient with Microsoft Excel; while not required, previous experience with social media platforms is a plus.
Interns who complete the internship will have a better understanding of policy issues important to women and their families and the operations of a nonprofit organization.
The internship is open to undergraduate students of all disciplines/majors.