Following the election of a record number of women to Congress, WCPI has reached a critical phase in its development, and is seeking to expand and diversify its base of support.
We are seeking a development professional to serve as the Individual Giving Manager, reporting to the President. This is a new position; it will be an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to create and build a robust annual giving and major gifts program.
Annual Giving Program
- Create and implement a development plan for annual giving, including goals for renewals, upgrades, and acquisition
- Create and implement direct mail and digital campaigns, including written materials
- Collaborate with Communications Associate to activate social media for development
- Ensure that donors are acknowledged and thanked appropriately
- Oversee and support gifts processing and donor record management
- Generate monthly annual giving report
- Other duties as assigned
Major Gifts Program
- Create and implement a development plan for major gifts with specific goals, giving opportunities, and strategies for identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors/prospects
- Work in collaboration with President and staff to create compelling case for support for major gifts
- Establish, manage, and grow a major gifts portfolio of at least 75 individual prospects
- Participate in approximately 100 face-to-face visits annually, including visits with President, other staff, or board members
- Plan and oversee strategic donor cultivation and stewardship events
- Create and oversee a system to track donor relationships
- Create briefing materials for President in advance of major donor meetings, as required
- Conduct prospect research as required
- Work with board development committee to identify, cultivate, and steward major gifts prospects, and report on development progress at board meetings, as required
- Assist the President with board fundraising requests
- Generate monthly major gifts report.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong commitment to WCPI mission.
- 3-5 years of experience working in an annual giving and major donor gift program.
- Knowledge of moves management.
- Experience working in partnership with senior leadership and boards
- Excellent communication and solicitation skills, both written and verbal; attention to detail.
- Self-directed, confident, positive individual with sense of humor.
- Team player who is able to juggle many priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with donor databases and Microsoft Office Suite.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. No phone calls please!