A new internship at WCPI, the Communications/Development intern will play a key role in helping expand our outreach and fundraising initiatives. Successful interns will have their finger on the pulse of social media and digital outreach and a genuine interest in development/fundraising work.
WCPI is seeking a communications/development intern to help implement its comprehensive media and major gifts strategies. The intern will work closely with the staff to implement the organization’s communications and development plans.
- Assist Communications Associate with monitoring various social media sites and updating social media with relevant content as appropriate
- Work with Communications Associate to maintain content on WCPI website, including program-specific video content
- Update WCPI media list with contacts at key Capitol Hill publications
- Work with Communications Associate to strengthen program-specific social media pages (e.g., Facebook Fellowship, intern alumni, etc.)
- Work with Individual Giving Manager to identify potential donors
- Work with Individual Giving Manager and other staff to develop donor-specific social media campaigns
- Provide administrative support for Individual Giving Manager as needed
Successful candidates will have excellent oral and written communication skills; great sense of humor is a plus. Please submit a cover letter, resume, brief writing sample (1-2 page limit), and a 250-word limit statement expressing your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate “Communications/Development Intern” in the subject line when submitting your application.