The Communications/Development intern plays a key role in helping expand our outreach and fundraising initiatives. The intern will work closely with the staff to implement the organization’s communications and development plans.
Successful interns will have their finger on the pulse of social media and digital outreach and a genuine interest in development/fundraising work. Previous experience in graphic design, social media planning, website maintenance, and/or video editing is preferred. They will have excellent oral and written communication skills; a great sense of humor is a plus.
This paid internship is open to current undergraduate students, and those who have graduated within the past 6 months, of all disciplines/majors. Interns are expected to work 35-40 hours per week, Monday through Friday; accommodations can be made for student’s class schedules.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and a brief statement answering the following:
Our mission to bring together a community of bipartisan women policymakers and trusted partners to advance issues of importance to women, develop the next generation of women leaders, and foster a more effective and representative democracy sets us apart from other advocacy organizations. In 500 words or less, please explain how your experience in communications and/or development would advance this mission. Please cite within one or two examples of any previous communications work.
The application deadline for each application cycle is 5 p.m. Eastern (no exceptions) and are as follows:
- Summer internship application cycle: Opens December 15- February 1
- Fall internship application cycle: Opens May 1- June 10
- Winter/Spring internship application cycle: Opens September 15- November 1
Please submit your application and inquiries to email@example.com and indicate “Communications/Development Internship” in the subject line.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we will not contact individual applicants regarding the status of their applications. We will contact you after the deadline if, and only if, we decide to move forward with your application.
Due to COVID-19 the WCPI Internship Program will be hosted remotely until further notice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Communications Associate with monitoring various social media sites and updating social media with relevant content as appropriate
- Work with Communications Associate to maintain content on WCPI website, including program-specific video content
- Work with the President and Development Associate to identify potential donors
- Develop donor-specific social media campaigns and outreach
- Provide administrative support as needed